Parsing History

Patrick Durusau <pdurusau@emory.edu>
20 Dec 1999 23:32:22 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Release 1.4 of the KOPI Suite kopi@dms.at (DMS Decision Management Systems GmbH) (1999-12-15)
Parsing History pdurusau@emory.edu (Patrick Durusau) (1999-12-20)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: Patrick Durusau <pdurusau@emory.edu>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 20 Dec 1999 23:32:22 -0500

Greetings,

I am trying to location the citation to an article I saw several years
ago on the similarities of parsing theory as developed by classical
Sanskrit grammarians and modern computer based parsers. I think it was
in one of the ACM publications and I suspect I saw the citation in
either a compiler or perhaps one of the better Scheme books. I am
trying to location the citation for a friend and with the holiday rush
don't have time to visit the library to rediscover the citation. Does
this reference sound familiar to anyone?

Many thanks!

Patrick
--
Patrick Durusau