Release 1.4 of the KOPI Suite

DMS Decision Management Systems GmbH <kopi@dms.at>
15 Dec 1999 01:17:13 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Release 1.4 of the KOPI Suite kopi@dms.at (DMS Decision Management Systems GmbH) (1999-12-15)
Parsing History pdurusau@emory.edu (Patrick Durusau) (1999-12-20)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: DMS Decision Management Systems GmbH <kopi@dms.at>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers,comp.lang.java.programmer
Date: 15 Dec 1999 01:17:13 -0500

DMS Decision Management Systems GmbH is pleased to announce release 1.4
of the KOPI Suite (http://www.dms.at/kopi).

This release enhances KJC, our Java compiler, with an outstanding new
feature: a comprehensive set of diagnostic messages aimed at helping
developers keep their code at a high level of legibility and
maintainability. There are three types of warnings which act on:
- dangerous, or redundant code;
- dirty, old, or unreadable syntax;
- optimizable code.
All these warnings are customizable by the user and designed to improve
the code quality. The rules come from the JLS, Sun's "Java Coding
Convention", and several other sources and are based on our experience.
This new version also fixes several bugs and adds new command-line
options.

We strongly encourage you to send us feedback on this new feature. Next
month we will focus our work on improving these diagnostic messages and
we will rewrite the code generation back-end to support state-of-the art
optimizations.

The first publicly released version of the KOPI Suite has been
downloaded more than 10,000 times in its first month of availability on
the Internet. KJC, the flagship product of the KOPI Suite, is the only
free Java compiler fully written in Java that comes complete with
support for the latest Java Language Specification. The KOPI Suite comes
complete with an assembler and a disassembler for the Java Virtual
Machine.

KOPI is available under the terms and conditions of the GNU General
Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation.

The current version of the KOPI Suite is available for download at:
http://www.dms.at/kopi