Re: Where Can I find info on x86 simulators and assemblers?

"Gokulmuthu N." <gomu@geocities.com>
30 Aug 1998 10:10:41 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Where Can I find info on x86 simulators and assemblers? wakan@bigfoot.com (Wakan) (1998-08-10)
Re: Where Can I find info on x86 simulators and assemblers? rweaver@ix.netcom.com (1998-08-13)
Re: Where Can I find info on x86 simulators and assemblers? MichaelAWells@prodigy.net (MichaelAWells) (1998-08-13)
Re: Where Can I find info on x86 simulators and assemblers? gomu@geocities.com (Gokulmuthu N.) (1998-08-30)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: "Gokulmuthu N." <gomu@geocities.com>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 30 Aug 1998 10:10:41 -0400

Hello,

> My question is: where can I find documentation about these two
> problems : the construction of an assembler and of a 8086 simulator?

Andy Tanenbaum has written a 8088 system simulator (processor, IO,
and all !!) Here are some excerpts from a README sort of file:

" The simulator runs on the SPARC and probably other machines,
    although this has not been tested. It simulates enough I/O gear
    of the IBM PC that you can run MINIX 1.1 on the simulator. The
    simulator is not perfect, but may be of some interest to people.

" The simulator is available ONLY by FTP. It is on ftp.cs.vu.nl
    (192.31.231.42) in directory minix/simulator. "

I hope that helps ...

With regards,
Gomu.

Email: gomu@geocities.com
Websites: http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Acropolis/1863
                    http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Forum/2973
Phone: +91-80-6634617 (Bangalore, INDIA)