Where Can I find info on x86 simulators and assemblers?

Wakan <wakan@bigfoot.com>
10 Aug 1998 23:21:22 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Where Can I find info on x86 simulators and assemblers? wakan@bigfoot.com (Wakan) (1998-08-10)
Re: Where Can I find info on x86 simulators and assemblers? rweaver@ix.netcom.com (1998-08-13)
Re: Where Can I find info on x86 simulators and assemblers? MichaelAWells@prodigy.net (MichaelAWells) (1998-08-13)
Re: Where Can I find info on x86 simulators and assemblers? gomu@geocities.com (Gokulmuthu N.) (1998-08-30)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: Wakan <wakan@bigfoot.com>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 10 Aug 1998 23:21:22 -0400

I'm preparing an exam called Elaboration Systems.
The target is to build an 8086 simulator, but first I have to build an
Assemblator by myself, that reads a restricted assebler most possible
near to the real 8086 assembler, and convert it in virtual machine
code, that's the input for the simulator. My question is: where can I
find documentation about these two problems : the construction of an
assemblator and of a 8086 simulator?
[For 8086 machine specs, there are PDF files on Intel's web site. For
assembler building, there's a few books around but none I can think of
that are currently in print. -John]