Re: Writing an interpreter

adf@idt.unit.no (Arne Dag Fidjestoel)
13 Jun 1996 17:55:16 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Writing an interpreter Arne.Evertsson@Octalogic.se (1996-06-01)
Re: Writing an interpreter oplec@westminster.ac.uk (Psi) (1996-06-08)
Re: Writing an interpreter emcee@efi.com (1996-06-08)
Re: Writing an interpreter adf@idt.unit.no (1996-06-13)
Re: Writing an interpreter qjackson@direct.ca (1996-06-13)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: adf@idt.unit.no (Arne Dag Fidjestoel)
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 13 Jun 1996 17:55:16 -0400

emcee@efi.com (Lambert Lum) writes:
>You played with flex/lex, right? It's got some great functionality for
>scanning text. Yeah, you guessed it. I'm embedding an interpreter into flex.

>Flex's text scanning by regular expressions is really cool. I just set
>the regular expressions to pick up what I want, and then for every
>regular expression, I got a pre-defined behavior in response. Simple, heh?

have you considered re2c?
the regexp stuff is a bit weaker than flex, but the neat thing is that
it gives you full control on the input stream ( you has to provide
routines for it ). re2c takes a specification resembling flex and
generates hardcoded-c to recognize input.

url: <ftp://csg.uwaterloo.ca/pub/peter/re2c/re2c-0.5.tar.Z>

--
adf@idt.unit.no < arne dag fidjestoel >