Re: DJGPP flex247.exe vs flex238.exe - generated lexer hanging.

robert@par.univie.ac.at (Robert Mayer - Student)
Tue, 11 Oct 1994 12:21:21 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
DJGPP flex247.exe vs flex238.exe - generated lexer hanging. Jeremy_Norbury.LAX1B@xerox.com (1994-10-06)
Re: DJGPP flex247.exe vs flex238.exe - generated lexer hanging. robert@par.univie.ac.at (1994-10-11)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: robert@par.univie.ac.at (Robert Mayer - Student)
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 1994 12:21:21 GMT

It seems to me that your problem is not that flex247.exe produces a bad
lexyy.c but that flex (no matter what version) needs a lot of stack space.
If you compile flex with a DOS-real mode compiler you probably have to
increase the stack size. BorlandC allocates a stack of 4k by default, which
is not enough. Try compiling with -N switch (stack overflow checking) and
you can find out if I'm right. To increase the stack size with BorlandC you
simply put

extern unsigned _stksize = 16384;

in one of the source files, and everything should be ok.

Hope this helps,

Robert.