Re: Prolog to AGP-L compiler ?

johnm@cory.EECS.Berkeley.EDU (John D. Mitchell)
Wed, 3 Aug 1994 03:11:46 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Prolog to AGP-L compiler ? tkoyt@theseas.ntua.gr (1994-08-02)
Re: Prolog to AGP-L compiler ? johnm@cory.EECS.Berkeley.EDU (1994-08-03)
Re: Prolog to AGP-L compiler ? buyukisik_o_f@ae.ge.com (U-E59264-Osman Buyukisik) (1994-08-03)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: johnm@cory.EECS.Berkeley.EDU (John D. Mitchell)
Date: Wed, 3 Aug 1994 03:11:46 GMT

Tasos <tkoyt@theseas.ntua.gr> wrote:
[...]
>The second problem that we face is really a dillema. We have been told
>about Sorcerer (from Purdue univ.) and that it should be a fine tool to
>use for our project. Although I got some information about it, I am not so
>sure that this is what we want and whether it can manage language like
>Prolog. Has anyone heard about it, or even better used it? What about
>ANTLR?

Hop over to the comp.compilers.tools.pccts newsgroup for discussion on
PCCTS (the Purdue Compiler Construction ToolSet), DLG, ANTLR, and/or
Sorcerer. The author of ANTLR and Sorcerer as well as a number of users
are pretty active on that newsgroup.

My only worry about whether or not Sorcerer will work for you has to do
with Prolog language specific things which I know far too little about.

Hope this helps,
John