Re: Information for Tomita and Early algorithms

jplevyak@yahoo.com (jplevyak)
16 Jan 2004 22:38:13 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Information for Tomita and Early algorithms unmesh_joshi@hotmail.com (Unmesh joshi) (2004-01-09)
Re: Information for Tomita and Early algorithms boldyrev@cgitftp.uiggm.nsc.ru (Ivan Boldyrev) (2004-01-12)
Re: Information for Tomita and Early algorithms oliver@zeigermann.de (Oliver Zeigermann) (2004-01-12)
Re: Information for Tomita and Early algorithms mefrill@yandex.ru (2004-01-12)
Re: Information for Tomita and Early algorithms jplevyak@yahoo.com (2004-01-16)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: jplevyak@yahoo.com (jplevyak)
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 16 Jan 2004 22:38:13 -0500
Posted-Date: 16 Jan 2004 22:38:13 EST

I have an open source Tomita parser:

http://dparser.sf.net

"The DParser is a scannerless GLR parser generator based on the Tomita
algorithm. It is self-hosted and very easy to use. Grammars are
written in a natural style of EBNF and regular expressions and support
both speculative and final actions."

I also found:

"Tomita-Style Generalised LR Parsers", by Elizabeth Scott,
Adrian Johnstone, and Shamsa Sadaf Hussain.

to be very useful. There is one issue related to handling
right epsilon grammars which I did not find a reasonable
solution to in the literature. I have implemented my
own solution based on adding hints to the state table.

If you would like more information regarding implementation
issues, please feel free to contact me: jplevyak at acm (org).

John Plevyak