Re: Information for Tomita and Early algorithms

mefrill@yandex.ru (Vladimir)
12 Jan 2004 13:29:07 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Information for Tomita and Early algorithms unmesh_joshi@hotmail.com (Unmesh joshi) (2004-01-09)
Re: Information for Tomita and Early algorithms boldyrev@cgitftp.uiggm.nsc.ru (Ivan Boldyrev) (2004-01-12)
Re: Information for Tomita and Early algorithms oliver@zeigermann.de (Oliver Zeigermann) (2004-01-12)
Re: Information for Tomita and Early algorithms mefrill@yandex.ru (2004-01-12)
Re: Information for Tomita and Early algorithms jplevyak@yahoo.com (2004-01-16)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: mefrill@yandex.ru (Vladimir)
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 12 Jan 2004 13:29:07 -0500
Posted-Date: 12 Jan 2004 13:29:07 EST

The information concernming Earley's algorithm can be found in many
sources, but the best ones are two the author's publications:
J. Earley, "An efficient context-free parsing algorithm", ACM 13, 2
(Feb 1970), 94-102
J. Earley, "An efficient context-free parsing algorithm", Ph. D.
Dissertation, Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburg, Pa., 1968
There is the famous the algorithm implementation. This is parsers
generator named as accent. I have my own implementation in MS Visual
C++ along with lexical analizer based on RE syntax and test program.
But the comments are in Russian. I can send you this project if you
wish.

The Tomita's algorithm described in his article M. Tomita, "Efficient
parsing for natural language", Kluwer Academic Publishers, Boston,
Page, 1986, 201. You can also find a good informal description of the
method in D. Grune, C. Jacobs, "Parsing Techniques. A Practical
Guide", "Ellis Horwood Limited", Chichester 1990. This book is
avalable on the Net.

Vladimir.