Re: Textbook Suggestions?

Randolph Crawford <crwfrd@umich.edu>
16 Apr 2002 00:49:37 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Textbook Suggestions? smith@sjfc.edu (Smith, Doug) (2002-04-13)
Re: Textbook Suggestions? ppluzhnikov@earthlink.net (Paul Pluzhnikov) (2002-04-16)
Re: Textbook Suggestions? crwfrd@umich.edu (Randolph Crawford) (2002-04-16)
Re: Textbook Suggestions? d00-mla@nada.kth.se (Mikael 'Zayenz' Lagerkvist) (2002-04-19)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: Randolph Crawford <crwfrd@umich.edu>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 16 Apr 2002 00:49:37 -0400
Posted-Date: 16 Apr 2002 00:49:37 EDT

A textbook that isn't in the FAQ but IMHO deserves to be is Robert
Morgan's "Building an Optimizing Compiler", a pragmatic look at
advanced compiler construction from the one of the principals of the
GEM compiler team at DEC^H^H^HCOMPAQ^H^H^H^H^H^HHewlett-Packard.

$62.95, 434 pages, 1997, Digital Press, ISBN 155558179X
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/155558179X/qid%3D1018765579/ref%3Dsr%5F11%5F0%5F1/102-4442116-4831316

However, I'm not aware of any books that combine control flow
analysis with concrete implementation details.

          Randy

--
Randy Crawford http://www.engin.umich.edu/labs/cpc
crwfrdREMOVE_ME@umich.edu http://www-personal.engin.umich.edu/~crwfrd