Re: porting gcc

"Michael A. Sewell" <msnw31175@cableinet.co.uk>
17 Sep 2000 22:59:56 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
porting gcc bm216754@muenchen.org (2000-09-15)
Re: porting gcc jeff.sturm@appnet.com (Jeff Sturm) (2000-09-17)
Re: porting gcc msnw31175@cableinet.co.uk (Michael A. Sewell) (2000-09-17)
Re: porting gcc bonzini@gnu.org (2000-09-17)
Re: porting gcc bm216754@muenchen.org (2000-09-28)
Re: porting gcc thp@roam-thp2.cs.ucr.edu (Tom Payne) (2000-10-08)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: "Michael A. Sewell" <msnw31175@cableinet.co.uk>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 17 Sep 2000 22:59:56 -0400

> - actually I want g++. assuming a g++ port, is the result any use for
> porting gcc? are they "RTL-compatible" ?

Concerning g++, its now only available as part of the gcc distribution, as
declared in:
ftp://ftp.mcc.ac.uk/pub/gnu/g++.README

> actually my first step problem is to download the right set of
> source/executable packages to start with. and the "how to port gcc"
> manual I heard about but searchengines don't find...

I have made an attempt to locate the manual for you, but so far have been
unlucky, I'm sorry

ALL downloadable versions can be found at:
ftp://ftp.mcc.ac.uk/pub/gnu/gcc/
and there are several readme files concerning each distribution

Also consider looking at the following link:
http://www.gnu.org/gnulist/production/djgpp.html

The following is the main html home page for gcc
http://www.gnu.org/software/gcc/gcc.html

This page has several links concerning the porting of gcc, and is probably
where you should look first
http://www.gnu.org/software/gcc/readings.html

Hope this helps

Michael