PAISLEI 2.0 Released

"Quinn Tyler Jackson" <qjackson@wave.home.com>
20 Dec 1999 23:35:56 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
PAISLEI 2.0 Released qjackson@wave.home.com (Quinn Tyler Jackson) (1999-12-20)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: "Quinn Tyler Jackson" <qjackson@wave.home.com>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 20 Dec 1999 23:35:56 -0500

I was going to wait until 1 January 2000 for the official release of
PAISLEI 2.0, but I changed my mind. The sooner the better!

The PAISLEI IDE is a visual grammar development environment for Win32
systems that allows you to design parsers in an intuitive, graphical
environment, much like you are accustomed to with existing software
development tools. Once you have developed your grammar and are
convinced that it is behaving with test cases as you wish, you can
generate a portable C++ class that, in conjunction with the Laleh's
Pattern Matcher (LPM) support classes, parses streams exactly as with
your test cases.

Anyway, PAISLEI 2.0/LPM 3.0 are now available at:

        http://www.qtj.net/~lpm/

If the DNS doesn't work - try:

        http://24.113.4.170/~lpm/

There are loads of new features, improvements, et cetera.

(Although PAISLEI is for Win32 systems, the parsers it generates are
portable.)

Please note that the license terms for this version have been modified with
respect to commercial use. All non-commercial and academic users can continue
to use PAISLEI/LPM free of charge. The new license is up at the site.

Best wishes for the Christmas season, and Happy New Year 2000.
--
Quinn Tyler Jackson
http://www.qtj.net/~quinn/