The Memory Management Reference release 2.0

"Pekka P. Pirinen" <pekka@harlequin.co.uk>
20 Dec 1999 23:33:21 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
The Memory Management Reference release 2.0 pekka@harlequin.co.uk (Pekka P. Pirinen) (1999-12-20)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: "Pekka P. Pirinen" <pekka@harlequin.co.uk>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers,comp.programming
Date: 20 Dec 1999 23:33:21 -0500

Harlequin's Adaptive Memory Management Group has updated The Memory
Management Reference, a set of web pages containing a glossary, a
bibliography, an FAQ, and other resources. This is a major release,
as we're moving to HTML 4.0 and style sheets; however, we aimed to
maintain the award-winning generic design, so most of you will not
notice the difference too much. There are also numerous improvements
to the contents, including:
  - a new survey article on memory management in various languages,
  - updated calendar,
  - a wider treatment of reference counting in all parts,
  - Java's three kinds of weakness rigorously defined,
  - new entries in the glossary:
          deferred reference counting,
          weighted reference counting,
          Java terms: soft/weak/phantom reference/reachable,
          collection cycle,
          off-white,
          overcommit,
          palimpsest,
          and many others.

The pages are available at <URL:http://www.harlequin.com/mm/reference/>.

As always, we hope you will find The Reference useful and informative,
and will be glad to hear your comments. Please send them to
mm-web@harlequin.com.
--
Pekka P. Pirinen, editor
Harlequin Limited, Cambridge, UK