Name Mangling: Case-sensitive -> insensitive

dstarner98@aasaa.ofe.org (David Starner)
3 Dec 1999 01:10:48 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Name Mangling: Case-sensitive -> insensitive dstarner98@aasaa.ofe.org (1999-12-03)
Re: Name Mangling: Case-sensitive -> insensitive torbenm@diku.dk (1999-12-04)
Re: Name Mangling: Case-sensitive -> insensitive gsc@zip.com.au (1999-12-04)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: dstarner98@aasaa.ofe.org (David Starner)
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 3 Dec 1999 01:10:48 -0500

I'm working on a compiler that compiles Modula-3 into Ada. Part of the
problem is that Modula-3 is case-sensitive, whereas Ada is
not. Modula-3 also allows double-underlines in identifiers, while Ada
doesn't. Is there anyway I can map the M3 identifers into Ada and keep
it recognizable as the original identifer (for debugging and stuff)?
--
David Starner - dstarner98@aasaa.ofe.org
[I suppose you could mangle in some character that means case shift.