P2C on a PC

john.w.attwood@talk21.com
28 Nov 1999 01:34:04 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
P2C on a PC john.w.attwood@talk21.com (1999-11-28)
Re: P2C on a PC gorup@altavista.net (Andreas von Gorup) (1999-11-28)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: john.w.attwood@talk21.com
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 28 Nov 1999 01:34:04 -0500

hello

I am struggling to compile Dave Gillespie's P2C Pascal to C translator
using DGJPP C compiler in MSDOS on a PC.

I assume the Makefiles supplied are basically in UNIX format and have
made the necessary changes (I hope correctly).

I have achieved a running P2C.EXE, it translates Pascal structure OK,
ie PROCEDURE, FUNCTION, TYPE, BEGIN, FOR k=3D1 TO 10, TRY, RECOVER
etc. but fails to translate built in procedures or functions, ie
WRITELN, READ, STRLEN(), SIN() etc. I was using the MSDOS prompt in
Windows NT and had to shorten many file names to 8+3
characters. Thinking I may have made mistakes I have just repeated the
whole procedure on WINDOWS 98 using the original long names and get
the same omissions in the resulting P2C translation.

Has anyone used P2C on a PC and can give some advice, or perhaps a
copy of the compiled code?