Info sought on C++ parsing

Linda Sherman <linsherm@gte.net>
27 Oct 1999 14:29:59 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Info sought on C++ parsing linsherm@gte.net (Linda Sherman) (1999-10-27)
Re: Info sought on C++ parsing jancsary@gmx.net (Jeremy Jancsary) (1999-10-28)
Re: Info sought on C++ parsing ast@halcyon.com (Andrew Tucker) (1999-10-28)
Re: Info sought on C++ parsing qjackson@wave.home.com (Quinn Tyler Jackson) (1999-10-29)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: Linda Sherman <linsherm@gte.net>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers,comp.lang.c++
Date: 27 Oct 1999 14:29:59 -0400

Greetings all,

I'm looking for references (books, papers, web sites, etc.) about
performing lexical, syntactical, and semantical analysis
*_specifically_* of C++ source or, lacking that, C source.

Also, if anyone knows where I can obtained a complete summary of the
grammar of C++ in some sort of formal notation without having to
manually extract it from the ANSI/ISO doc, I'd be grateful for that
also.

Thanks in advance for any assistance you can offer,

Lin
linsherm@gte.net
[This has come up in the past. C++ is ambiguous so you need a parser
that can either carry multiple parses in parallel or can backtrack.
-John]