Compiler positions available for week ending October 10

compilers@iecc.com (comp.compilers)
11 Oct 1999 02:41:09 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Compiler positions available for week ending October 10 compilers@iecc.com (1999-10-11)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: compilers@iecc.com (comp.compilers)
Newsgroups: comp.compilers,misc.jobs.offered
Date: 11 Oct 1999 02:41:09 -0400

This is a digest of ``help wanted'' and ``position available'' messages
received at comp.compilers during the preceding week. Messages must
advertise a position having something to do with compilers and must also
conform to the guidelines periodically posted in misc.jobs.offered.
Positions that remain open may be re-advertised once a month. To respond
to a job offer, send mail to the author of the message. To submit a
message, mail it to compilers@iecc.com.

-------------------------------

Date: Tue, 05 Oct 1999 13:36:12 -0700
From: "Todd M. Caplan" <todd_c@pacbell.net>
Subject: Telecom Start-up Company in Bay Area

  Compiler Lead

Job Responsibilities:

* Provide technical leadership to a small team producing a
sophisticated C/C++ compiler and debugger.

* Coordinate technical issues within the compiler team and between the
compiler team and other groups.

* Design and implement backend algorithms including optimizations,
code generation, and scheduling.

* Understand large existing C++ code bases and develop large new
subsystems in C++.

Job Requirements:
* MSCS/Math.
* 5+ years industry experience.
* Compiler coursework.

******************************

Job Title: SW Engineer or Senior Software Engineer (Compiler)

Job Responsibilities:
Work with a small team to improve the performance of a novel
internally-designed retargetable C/C++ compiler back end
  - Implement new optimizations such as:
            * Inter-procedural analysis
            * Improved scheduling and register allocation
            * Loop unrolling
            * Software pipelining
            * Improved global and local optimizations
            * Profile-based optimizations
- Implement support systems including:
            * Debugger
            * Processor simulator
            * Profiler
- Analyze applications to determine optimizations needed
- Design and modify processor ISAs to match the requirements
      of particular applications

Job Requirements:
-BSEE or BSCS
-3+ years industry experience
-Experience with compiler back ends
-Object-oriented design and C++ experience
-Some knowledge of computer architecture and hardware
    concepts.
-Ability to rapidly understand large existing code bases
-The right candidate will be able to move rapidly and confidently
    to tackle new challenges

******************************
Todd M. Caplan
HiTech Communications Inc.
Wk (Dir): 916-939-7317
Fax: 916-933-1995
E-mail: todd_c@pacbell.net
******************************

-------------------------------

From: Ben Lee <benl@ece.orst.edu>
Subject: faculty position, OSU, Oregon
Date: Wed, 06 Oct 1999 10:28:24 -0700

Oregon State University

The Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering invites
nominations and applications for two tenure-track positions in
computer engineering at the Assistant or Associate Professor level.

Applicants in all areas of computer engineering are welcomed. We are
particularly interested in candidates with research interests in:
computer architecture, hardware software co-design, distributed
computing, digital system testing and design for testability,
fault-tolerant computing, high-speed networking, and data security.

Candidates should have an earned doctorate in Electrical and Computer
Engineering or related fields and are expected to have a strong
commitment to high-quality undergraduate and graduate teaching and to
the development of a sponsored research program.

Oregon State University is a Carnegie 1 research university enrolling
approximately 15,000 students annually. With a faculty of 22, the
Department of ECE enrolls about 600 undergraduate and 120 MS/Ph.D.
students. The Department offers ABET accredited programs in
Electrical and Electronics Engineering and Computer Engineering. High
technology companies such as Hewlett-Packard, Intel, and Tektronix
have major operations in the area and provide support for the
Electrical and Computer Engineering program. Located in the
Willamette Valley, 80 miles south of Portland, OSU and the city of
Corvallis offer a beautiful and unspoiled environment and many
cultural activities.

Applications must include a professional resume, names and telephone
numbers of three professional references, and a letter of interest.
Please send materials to Chair, ECE Search Committee, Department of
Electrical and Computer Engineering, Oregon State University,
Corvallis, OR 97331-3211. Review will begin September 1, 1999 and
continue until the position is filled

Oregon State University is an AA/EEO Employer.
--
Ben Lee
Associate Professor

-------------------------------

Date: Wed, 6 Oct 1999 11:39:30 -0700 (PDT)
From: Paul Beusterien <paulb@ddi.com>
Subject: Compiler positions at Diab-SDS, Silicon Valley

Diab-SDS produces highly optimizing C++, C, and Java language compiler
suites for embedded systems developers. Our targets include PowerPC,
M*Core, ColdFire, 68K, MIPS, M32R, SH, Sparc, and others.

Lead C++ Engineer

Diab-SDS produces highly optimizing C++, C, and Java language compiler
suites for embedded systems developers. Our targets include PowerPC,
M*Core, ColdFire, 68K, MIPS, M32R, SH, Sparc, and others.

We are looking for someone to take the lead on our C++ front end
development and maintenance. The position would also include projects
in new targets, more optimizations, new packages, and better tool and
RTOS integration.

We require at least three years of industry compiler development
experience, including at least two years of front end work and a solid
grasp of the C++ standard. Plusses include Java, embedded systems,
and RISC assembly language knowledge. Major plusses include
optimization, code generation, and retargetting experience.

Compiler Code Generation Engineer

We are looking for someone with compiler internals development
experience who is interested in helping us broaden and
enhance our tools. We have upcoming projects in new targets, further
optimizations, new languages, new packages, and better tool and RTOS
integration.

We require at a year of industry compiler development experience,
including a solid background in assembly languages. Plusses include
Java, embedded systems, and RISC assembly language knowledge. Major
plusses include optimization, code generation, and retargetting
experience.

Please send an ascii copy of your resume to jobs@ddi.com

Paul Beusterien
Diab-SDS, Inc.