Compiler positions available for week ending September 26

compilers@iecc.com (comp.compilers)
27 Sep 1999 11:23:02 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Compiler positions available for week ending September 26 compilers-jobs@iecc.com (1993-09-26)
Compiler positions available for week ending September 26 compilers@iecc.com (1999-09-27)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: compilers@iecc.com (comp.compilers)
Newsgroups: comp.compilers,misc.jobs.offered
Date: 27 Sep 1999 11:23:02 -0400

This is a digest of ``help wanted'' and ``position available'' messages
received at comp.compilers during the preceding week. Messages must
advertise a position having something to do with compilers and must also
conform to the guidelines periodically posted in misc.jobs.offered.
Positions that remain open may be re-advertised once a month. To respond
to a job offer, send mail to the author of the message. To submit a
message, mail it to compilers@iecc.com.

-------------------------------

From: Vince Schuster <vinces@pgroup.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 1999 12:57:35 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Compiler jobs at Portland Group, Oregon

THE PORTLAND GROUP, INCORPORATED

The Portland Group, Inc (PGI) is the world's leading commercial supplier
of parallel compilers for high performance computers. We are seeking
compiler engineers with a strong work ethic who are looking for change,
challenge and opportunity in a small established software company.

PARALLEL COMPILER ENGINEERS

Assist or lead the support and development of leading-edge parallel
C, Fortran and C++ compilers. Experience in compiler construction,
C and Unix required. Vector, parallel and code generation experience
very helpful.

SW DEVELOPMENT TOOLS ENGINEER

Enhance existing parallel debuggers and profilers. Help design
next generation tools. Very helpful to have experience with
debuggers, Unix/NT graphical interfaces and/or integration with
IDEs. C and Unix experience required.

PGI offers competitve salary, excellent benefits package and a great
opportunity. See http://www.pgroup.com Send resume with cover letter
to hr@pgroup.com.
OR send mail to:
The Portland Group, Inc. attn: Personnel
9150 SW Pioneer Ct., Suite H, Wilsonville, OR 97070

-------------------------------

Date: Wed, 22 Sep 1999 11:36:14 -0700 (PDT)
From: Paul Beusterien <paulb@ddi.com>
Subject: Lead C++ compiler developer at Diab-SDS

Diab-SDS produces highly optimizing C++, C, and Java language compiler
suites for embedded systems developers. Our targets include PowerPC,
M*Core, ColdFire, 68K, MIPS, M32R, SH, Sparc, and others.

We are looking for someone to take the lead on our C++ front end
development and maintenance. The position would also include projects
in new targets, more optimizations, new packages, and better tool and
RTOS integration.

We require at least three years of industry compiler development
experience, including at least two years of front end work and a solid
grasp of the C++ standard. Plusses include Java, embedded systems,
and RISC assembly language knowledge. Major plusses include
optimization, code generation, and retargetting experience.

Please send an ascii copy of your resume to jobs@ddi.com

Paul Beusterien
Diab-SDS, Inc.
323 Vintage Park Drive
Foster City, CA 94404

http://www.ddi.com

-------------------------------

From: Sherilyn Allen <SherilynA@bsquare.com>
Subject: Compiler jobs at bsquare, Seattle area
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 1999 14:52:14 -0700

Compiler Engineers
Position Overview:

In this position, you would be working with a small, dedicated team to
port a high-quality commercial C++ compiler to a new architecture.
This compiler team works alongside other experienced compiler teams
porting the same compiler to other new CPUs, which provides for a rich
learning environment. Each of our compiler teams is supported by
dedicated build and quality assurance teams. The build team builds
the compiler nightly and the QA team tests the compiler at least
weekly using in-house and commercial test suites containing over
40,000 test cases. Our porting projects tend to last approximately
one year. At the end of a project, team members have the opportunity
to begin work on new projects. Our compilers are used to build the
Windows CE operating system. Developers around the world use our
compilers to create applications for Windows CE.

Key Responsibilities:

The work primarily consists of adding new machine-dependent code
generation and optimization phases to the core compiler for a given
CPU. The focus is on generating code suitable for embedded systems.
In some cases, the team may create a new assembler, add linker
support, or modify the C runtime to support the new architecture.

Minimum qualifications:

* Candidate should enjoy working at the systems level
* Candidate should have experience using at least one assembly
language
* Must have some knowledge of compilers either as a result of
schooling or experience
* Prefer code generation knowledge
* BSCS or equivalent
* Ability to work well in a small team environment
* Strong desire to work on commercial products

Company Overview:

BSQUARE Corporation is a dynamic software organization enabling the
Intelligent Computing Device revolution through Windows CE-based
software products and services. BSQUARE's expertise in Windows CE is
derived from years of contributing to the development of the Windows
CE operating system, and from serving as a Microsoft preferred
provider of Visual Tools for Windows CE.

Interested candidates are encouraged to apply today:
BSQUARE Corporation
3633 136th Place SE
Bellevue, WA 98006
recruiting@bsquare.com <mailto:recruiting@bsquare.com>