Generating parse-table for table-driven EBNF parser.

djast@my-deja.com
10 Sep 1999 00:12:52 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Generating parse-table for table-driven EBNF parser. djast@my-deja.com (1999-09-10)
Re: Generating parse-table for table-driven EBNF parser. torbenm@diku.dk (Torben Mogensen) (1999-09-11)
Re: Generating parse-table for table-driven EBNF parser. jkahrs@castor.atlas.de (Juergen Kahrs) (1999-09-11)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: djast@my-deja.com
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 10 Sep 1999 00:12:52 -0400

I've written a recursive-descent EBNF parser to read in language-
definitions, with the goal of generating parsers for these languages.
So as the recursive-descent parser is processing the definition, I
need to build up some appropriate internal-representation of it which
I can then process in order to create the parse-table for a
table-driven parser for that language. I know this should be pretty
straight- forward but the books I've got don't have information on
_generating the table for a table-driven EBNF parser_. I was
wondering if anyone knew of any resources, such as web-pages or
papers, on this topic. I should also mention that what I'm actually
doing is not actually an EBNF parser but an one with certain
extensions, which is why I'm writing it myself, though this shouldn't
effect the process of generating the table, and that it is crucial
that I can generate a parser from its language's definition. Oh, and
I'm doing it in Java if you're wondering.

thanks,
Djast.