Re: Tcl/Tk grammar for lex/yacc/bison ?

" Paul Evans" <paule@martex.gen.oh.us>
5 Sep 1999 02:39:54 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Tcl/Tk grammar for lex/yacc/bison ? gerwalin@aixd1.rhrk.uni-kl.de (Elmar Gerwalin) (1999-08-24)
Re: Tcl/Tk grammar for lex/yacc/bison ? tgl@netcom.com (Tom Lane) (1999-08-27)
Re: Tcl/Tk grammar for lex/yacc/bison ? paule@martex.gen.oh.us (Paul Evans) (1999-09-05)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: " Paul Evans" <paule@martex.gen.oh.us>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 5 Sep 1999 02:39:54 -0400

        My shot in the dark:

I'm fairly sure that a tcl extension that used breakpoint debugging
would be a fast way to deal with parsing Tcl. Or, if you dont want to
run the program at all you may be able to just overload some core
functions like TclEval() and still get by writing an extension, which
has benfits in extensibility and compatabilitiy.

I haven't done this, and it's been several versions since I fooloed
around with tcl innards so this may not be possible, but it may be
worth looking into. Maybe looking at exsisting Tcl tools that use
breakpoints or asking in comp.lang.tcl would help.

        -Paul
        paule@martex.gen.oh.us

Elmar Gerwalin <gerwalin@aixd1.rhrk.uni-kl.de> wrote