Re: x86 assembler to C (was Re: motorola 68000 assembly to C translator.

David Chase <chase@world.std.com>
13 Aug 1999 01:12:14 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
motorola 68000 assembly to C translator. yadid@mmi.co.il (yadid ayzenberg) (1999-06-27)
Re: motorola 68000 assembly to C translator. cranescale@cs.com (1999-07-23)
Re: motorola 68000 assembly to C translator. ertr1013@student.csd.uu.se (Erik Trulsson) (1999-07-28)
x86 assembler to C (was Re: motorola 68000 assembly to C translator. vetinari@hex.vushta.com (1999-08-12)
Re: x86 assembler to C (was Re: motorola 68000 assembly to C translato chase@world.std.com (David Chase) (1999-08-13)
Re: x86 assembler to C (was Re: motorola 68000 assembly to C translato ast@halcyon.com (1999-08-13)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: David Chase <chase@world.std.com>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 13 Aug 1999 01:12:14 -0400

Havelock Vetinari wrote:

> I am working on a project that consists of thousands of lines of highly
> optimised x86 assembler. I would like to translate it to C (no matter how
> poor the generated C is from an idiomatic POV).

> Any assistance would be appreciated. Many thanks, in advance.

> [I've seen hacks, nothing very good. -John]

I've got two possible leads, not certain of either:

1. Christina CiFuentes and "dcc"
      http://www.it.uq.edu.au/groups/csm/dcc.html

2. Back in the dark ages, I recall hearing (over beer
      or something stronger) of one Scott Guthery at
      Schlumberger who tackled such a project with
      relative success. I recall that tools figured
      into it, but I don't remember much else, except
      that it was amazing.

--
David Chase -- chase@naturalbridge.com
NaturalBridge LLC -- http://www.naturalbridge.com