Moved: Thesis on Handling of Exceptions In Object-Oriented Programming Languages.

Morten Christensen <mmc@mortench.net>
1 Aug 1999 00:07:44 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Moved: Thesis on Handling of Exceptions In Object-Oriented Programming mmc@mortench.net (Morten Christensen) (1999-08-01)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: Morten Christensen <mmc@mortench.net>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 1 Aug 1999 00:07:44 -0400

Hi,

Since there are not many available resources about how to implement
Exception Handling, I thought I will just post this notification
message.

In the process of moving my web-address I have moved my (old) M.Sc.
Thesis "Methods for Handling of Exceptions in Object-oriented
Programming Languages". The new download location is:

http://www.mortench.net/archive.html

...The thesis discuss methods for implementing modern exception
handling in compilers. The thesis also present a unified method which
have ZERO runtime overhead (except for native "C" calls which may
throw exceptions). The unified method supports native calls and use
unique code inspection techniques to avoid the traditional table size
problems associated with the static table approach normally used to
implement zero runtime overhead solutions.

Cheers,
Morten M. Christensen (www.mortench.net)