Administrivia: lots of bogus messages

John R Levine <johnl@iecc.com>
1 Jul 1999 22:53:59 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Administrivia: lots of bogus messages johnl@iecc.com (John R Levine) (1999-07-01)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: John R Levine <johnl@iecc.com>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 1 Jul 1999 22:53:59 -0400

A computer at computer2000.co.uk, which seems to be an ISP near
London, went berserk last week and has been remailing messages from
lots of newsgroups including comp.compilers back to the moderators.
If you've been seeing acknowledgement messages for messages you didn't
send or sent a long time ago, that's what's happening. I've fiddled
with my mail filters and I think I have trapped them.

If anyone has any contacts at Computer2000.co.uk, I'd be interested to
hear how they can be mailbombing usenet moderators all over the world,
get hundreds if not thousands of complaints, and not do anything about
it. Sheesh.

Regards,
John Levine, comp.compilers moderator,
johnl@iecc.com, http://iecc.com/compilers