Re: Java analysis tools

sreeni@csc.albany.edu (Sreenivasa Rao Viswanadha)
27 May 1999 23:24:14 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Java analysis tools bigrigg@integra.ece.cmu.edu (1999-05-27)
Re: Java analysis tools sreeni@csc.albany.edu (1999-05-27)
Re: Java analysis tools chase@world.std.com (David Chase) (1999-05-27)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: sreeni@csc.albany.edu (Sreenivasa Rao Viswanadha)
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 27 May 1999 23:24:14 -0400

Mike Bigrigg <bigrigg@integra.ece.cmu.edu> wrote:
>Hi. I'm looking to find language analysis tools for the Java
>Language. I've seen that SUIF has a Java front end but all that seems
>to be available are papers describing how to add a Java front end but
>no available software. I would rather not have to develop my own front
>end if it isn't necessary. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

You might want to check out the Java parser that comes with JavaCC (a
lexer/parser generator for Java). It can parse and build ASTs for
java. You can get JavaCC from:

                http://www.sun.com/suntest

It is a free but licensed tool.

If you are looking for semantic analysis of Java, Metamata has
a commercial product for that. You can check it out from:

                http://www.metamata.com

It is not free but we do have an educational license program.
If you are intersted, please send email to: contact@metamata.com.

Sreeni.