Re: Assembler: Forward ref. label

rkrayhawk@aol.com (RKRayhawk)
16 May 1999 14:13:12 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Assembler: Forward ref. label titsay@ms3.hinet.net (1999-05-03)
Re: Assembler: Forward ref. label bill@megahits.com (Bill A.) (1999-05-03)
Re: Assembler: Forward ref. label rkrayhawk@aol.com (1999-05-07)
Re: Assembler: Forward ref. label roques@pond.sub.org (Christian von Roques) (1999-05-09)
Re: Assembler: Forward ref. label rkrayhawk@aol.com (1999-05-16)
Re: Assembler: Forward ref. label johnl@iecc.com (John R Levine) (1999-05-16)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: rkrayhawk@aol.com (RKRayhawk)
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 16 May 1999 14:13:12 -0400

This is a request for help on documentation related to this thread.

This thread has mentioned an
"...article in the CACM by Szymanski about 20 years ago..." concerning
resolution of label references.

With some hunting I have found specific references to two publishings
which may interest lurkers here ...

Leverett, B. W. and T. G. Szymanski [1980].
"Chaining span-dependent jump instructions,"
TOPLAS 2:3, 274-289

T. G. Szymanski [1978]. "Assembling code for machines with span-dependent
instructions," Comm. ACM 21:4, 300-308

My request is for a copy of either or both of these. I cannot find
them online (I think the online ACM material only goes back to 86). If
you can help with these particular articles please e-mail me. Or
alternatively, If you know of a way I can request these from ACM in
hardcopy, please let me know.

Sincerely,

Robert Rayhawk
RKRayhawk@aol.com
[I have them in a box in storage, could probably dig them out of nobody has
them at hand. -John]