PAISLEI 1.1 Beta Testers

"Quinn Tyler Jackson" <qjackson@wave.home.com>
3 May 1999 01:59:15 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
PAISLEI 1.1 Beta Testers qjackson@wave.home.com (Quinn Tyler Jackson) (1999-05-03)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: "Quinn Tyler Jackson" <qjackson@wave.home.com>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 3 May 1999 01:59:15 -0400

Hello there!

Version 1.1 of The PAISLEI IDE is about to enter beta, and I am interested in
finding beta testers in the C++ programming community who can run it through
its hoops.

PAISLEI is a free for all use graphical grammar/parser development system for
Win 9x/NT systems that generates cross-platform compatible grammar classes
based on the Laleh's Pattern Matcher suite of classes. Version 1.0 of the
program was released on 28 November 98. The 17 rule example grammar
distributed with PAISLEI parses a C++ subset that includes:

      1. both styles of C++ comments
      2. class declarations that contain:
            a. public, protected, or private
                  sections
            b. member function declarations or
                  inline member functions
      3. member function definitions

Beta testers should have a definite interest in both the C++ language in
particular and in parsing and pattern matching in general.

Based on my server statistics, PAISLEI has been downloaded about 100 times a
month since its release.

Anyone interested in testing PAISLEI should send an email to
paislei_beta@qtj.net outlining the following:

        OS: (Win 95, 98, or NT 4.0)
        C++ Compiler
        Reason for interest

Although PAISLEI is Win32 specific, the grammars it generates are
cross-platform compatible. The PAISLEI web site can be found at:

        http://www.qtj.net/~lpm/

As with version 1.0, version 1.1 will be released free for all use after the
beta cycle has finished.

Yours,

Quinn Tyler Jackson,
PAISLEI and LPM Author