Adding types to a lex & yacc parser

"Thomas S. Strinnhed" <thstr@serop.abb.se>
30 Apr 1999 22:57:11 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Adding types to a lex & yacc parser thstr@serop.abb.se (Thomas S. Strinnhed) (1999-04-30)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: "Thomas S. Strinnhed" <thstr@serop.abb.se>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 30 Apr 1999 22:57:11 -0400

Hi

I'm building a parser i flex & bison (ont NT) for a simple language
which will be used to make function calls to compiled C-modules.

The thing is: All the C-modules are using different kind of datatypes,
structs and so on, and I want the parser to be able to somehow have
knowledge about these types - without recompiling the lex & yacc
output files. (As I'm using NT - could DLL-linking be the thing??)

Is this possible?? Any suggestions??

Thanks

Thomas S. Strinnhed, thstr@serop.abb.se
[DLLs don't normally have the type info unless you keep all the debugging
symbols, but even then the debug stuff is nearly impossible to decode.
I'd suggest extending your language so you can describe the structures
that the code will be hooking into. -John]