I'm interested in writing/using an interpreter. What should I know?

bobseven@iname.com
23 Mar 1999 12:31:42 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
I'm interested in writing/using an interpreter. What should I know? bobseven@iname.com (1999-03-23)
Re: I'm interested in writing/using an interpreter. What should I know escargo@mirage.skypoint.com (1999-03-28)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: bobseven@iname.com
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 23 Mar 1999 12:31:42 -0500

I'm an intermediate C++ programmer interested in writing or using an
interpreter.

I'm developing a commercial application that would use the interpreter
to understand a script language of my own devising. (There are
platform specific solutions to this problem - some of them quite good
- but I want something cross platform that I can extend.)

What should I read? What pre-built packages should I check out,
either to use, or to use for ideas?

Bob Seven
[My standard advice is not to write yet another scripting language. Look
at TCL and python, both of which are free, portable, and documented. -John]