looking for a c++ -> c++ parser

izrailev@cs.utah.edu
15 Nov 1998 13:37:18 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
looking for a c++ -> c++ parser izrailev@cs.utah.edu (1998-11-15)
Re: looking for a c++ -> c++ parser lindahl@cs.virginia.edu (1998-11-19)
Re: looking for a c++ -> c++ parser emarsden@mail.dotcom.fr (Eric Marsden) (1998-11-19)
Re: looking for a c++ -> c++ parser chase@world.std.com (David Chase) (1998-11-24)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: izrailev@cs.utah.edu
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 15 Nov 1998 13:37:18 -0500

I am looking for a parser written in c/c++ that processes C++ code, generates
a semantic parse tree, and outputs the same code. I would then try to modify
the parser to add some member functions and data members to the classes that
it parses.

This is needed for a Distributed Shared Memory system project, Khazana, that
we are trying to build persistent object support on top of.

Appreciate your help.

Yury Izrailevsky
izrailev@cs.utah.edu
[Parsing C++ is so painful, particularly in programs that use #define, that
I expect that ad-hoc partial parsing would work better than full parsing.
-John]