Tool needed to view circular imports

ben@stuyts.nl (Ben Stuyts)
18 Oct 1998 01:21:12 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Tool needed to view circular imports ben@stuyts.nl (1998-10-18)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: ben@stuyts.nl (Ben Stuyts)
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 18 Oct 1998 01:21:12 -0400

Hello,

I currently use a tool that came with a Modula-2 compiler to generate
a cross-reference of all modules and any circular imports that might
be occurring. The problem with this tool is that it is buggy (it
sometimes doesn't find existing circular imports) and it is slow
(takes a day to run on a P-II for a project with about 150 modules).

I am therefor looking for a similar tool (free source preferred), or
literature to help me write my own. I can think of a brute force
method (which the current tool probably uses), but running time will
probably increase exponentially with the number of modules.

Any help with this is much appreciated.
Ben
--
Ben Stuyts
Stuyts Engineering BV Haarlem, The Netherlands