LPM User Poll

"Quinn Tyler Jackson" <qjackson@wave.home.com>
4 Oct 1998 01:15:32 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
LPM User Poll qjackson@wave.home.com (Quinn Tyler Jackson) (1998-10-04)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: "Quinn Tyler Jackson" <qjackson@wave.home.com>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 4 Oct 1998 01:15:32 -0400

Normally I wouldn't post asking for a reply via email only, especially
in a crosspost, but in this case, I ask for this to be overlooked.

On 31 December 1996, I released version 1.0 of my Laleh's Pattern
Matcher (LPM) code for non-profit use. More recently, I made all of
my legacy PowerBASIC code available at my FTP site for full use (the
BASIC code was released into the public domain). The 1.0 LPM source
is downloaded often enough, according to my ftp server records, and
was available for some time before I had such records.

I am about to release (for random values of "about") version 2.0 of my
C++ LPM code under a more liberal license -- full-use in any system,
profit or otherwise, so long as the source itself is not distributed
by anyone other than me. Included with the new release will be a set
of wrapper classes that I'm calling P.A.I.S.L.E.I. (Pattern
Amalgamator Intended to Simplify LPM's Egregious Interface).

I am crossposting this message in those newsgroups whose members who
may have downloaded that source, in order that anyone who has
downloaded that code have an opportunity to let me know by email what
would be their wishlist for version 2.0, as regards the format of the
release -- in order that it be as useful to as many people as
possible, across as many platforms as possible. Specifically, I am
going to have at least one form of the release use Install Shield, to
allow the code, documentation, and examples be properly installed on
Windows 9x/NT systems.

Any suggestions for documentation, example program code, et cetera,
will be taken seriously.
--
Quinn Tyler Jackson

email: qjackson@wave.home.com