Re: DFA table compression from Aho's Dragon book, need more detail

octavian@earthlink.net (Peter Friend)
29 Sep 1998 16:06:05 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
DFA table compression from Aho's Dragon book, need more detail heng@Ag.Arizona.Edu (1998-09-26)
Re: DFA table compression from Aho's Dragon book, need more detail octavian@earthlink.net (1998-09-29)
Re: DFA table compression from Aho's Dragon book, need more detail lord@emf.emf.net (1998-10-04)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: octavian@earthlink.net (Peter Friend)
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 29 Sep 1998 16:06:05 -0400

Heng Yuan (heng@Ag.Arizona.Edu) wrote:
: After weeks of studying, I finally got my NFA, NFA to DFA routines to
: work. But, I was stuck at Aho's table compression method in the
: Dragon book (p144-146).

I am still studying this stuff so I won't answer these questions since
I barely understand them myself.

What I can suggest is another book, Compiler Design in C by Holub,
whose explanation of state table compression I found MUCH clearer.
Once you understand what Holub describes, the Dragon book makes more
sense.

HTH,

Peter Friend
--
ATS Manager/Programmer/Frustrated Student
EarthLink Network