How to implement Interfaces?

Bernhard Tschirren <tschirre@cs.curtin.edu.au>
13 Sep 1998 22:57:33 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
How to implement Interfaces? tschirre@cs.curtin.edu.au (Bernhard Tschirren) (1998-09-13)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: Bernhard Tschirren <tschirre@cs.curtin.edu.au>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 13 Sep 1998 22:57:33 -0400

I am in the process of writing a "pseudo-compiler" which translates from
an object oriented language (which I have named BPL) into standard C. Im
using a VMT to implement polymorphism. However, I have hit a little
"snag". Ala Java, I would like to add support for interfaces. How could I
implement them "efficiently" (in terms of program speed)?

Of course, I dont want to deviate much from VMT's, but I will if I have
to. If anybody has any information, please give me a yell.

Thanks

        Bernie email: bernie at geocities.com
                            www: http://www.cs.curtin.edu.au/~tschirre/