VBScript grammar needed

Vadim Arshavsky <vadim@mercury.co.il>
5 Sep 1998 01:14:57 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
VBScript grammar needed vadim@mercury.co.il (Vadim Arshavsky) (1998-09-05)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: Vadim Arshavsky <vadim@mercury.co.il>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 5 Sep 1998 01:14:57 -0400

Hi,

Does anyone know where I can get a formal description of the VBScript
grammar, in the form of BNF, YACC or whatever ?
I'm going to make some text processing on VBScript source.

I failed to find anything in the Free Compilers lists at www.idiom.com
I've sent the same question to microsoft.public.scripting.vbscript, but
didn't get reply so far.
I've seen lex&yacc files for VBSscript besides other examples which come
with PCYACC of Abraxas Software, but the example appears be wrong. It
specifies incorrectly statement separators, ignores line continuation, and
I'm afraid it may contain other inconsistencies.

Thanks in advance,

Vadim
[You've looked in the obvious places, may have to roll your own. -John]