Re: HLL for dsp compiler?

Jerry Avins <jyavins@erols.com>
1 Sep 1998 22:20:20 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
HLL for dsp compiler? kent.stenman@emw.ericsson.se (Kent Stenman) (1998-08-30)
Re: HLL for dsp compiler? dwight@pentasoft.com (1998-08-31)
Re: HLL for dsp compiler? jan_guffens@frontierd.com (Jan Guffens) (1998-08-31)
Re: HLL for dsp compiler? grant.griffin@iowegian.com (Grant Griffin) (1998-08-31)
Re: HLL for dsp compiler? jamz@my-dejanews.com (1998-08-31)
Re: HLL for dsp compiler? bkimberl@uoguelph.ca (Brent Kimberley) (1998-09-01)
Re: HLL for dsp compiler? jyavins@erols.com (Jerry Avins) (1998-09-01)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: Jerry Avins <jyavins@erols.com>
Newsgroups: comp.dsp,comp.compilers
Date: 1 Sep 1998 22:20:20 -0400

I came at this question from a different angle, so maybe I can offer
another slant. I asked why Forth, which seemed to me to be an ideal
language for other embedded systems, was not used in DSP work. Several
experienced programmers responded that it would be their first choice,
but that either their employers or their customers wouldn't hear of it.
They nevertheless sang its praises (to someone inclined to hear it that
way). So if I were developing a compiler FOR MY OWN, OR IN-HOUSE USE, it
would be Forth. But if you want to sell source code, go with C or C++.

Jerry