Line number pragma

Johan Ovlinger <johan@ccs.neu.edu>
10 Aug 1998 23:29:50 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Line number pragma johan@ccs.neu.edu (Johan Ovlinger) (1998-08-10)
Re: Line number pragma slaREMOVE@csTHIS.stir.ac.uk (Sampsa Laine) (1998-08-13)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: Johan Ovlinger <johan@ccs.neu.edu>
Newsgroups: comp.lang.java.programmer,comp.compilers
Date: 10 Aug 1998 23:29:50 -0400

Hi all!

We've got this tool that generates java code and use javac to compile
the output. The drawback to this scheme is that it is hard for the
user to associate runtime exceptions from the jvm to the input files,
as the debugging info in the class files of course refers to the
generated java code.

What I would love to have is a line number pragma a-la c so I could
have javac insert debugging info that refers to the input files from
which the java code was generated.

So my question:

Does anyone know about such a pragma? It isn't documented anywhere I
could find it, but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist...

Thanks in advance

Johan