Re: Video game scripting

jamz@my-dejanews.com
10 Aug 1998 23:18:40 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Video game scripting davester@pacbell.net (1998-08-10)
Re: Video game scripting jamz@my-dejanews.com (1998-08-10)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: jamz@my-dejanews.com
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 10 Aug 1998 23:18:40 -0400

    davester@pacbell.net wrote:
> I'd be much more comfortable to use a prefabricated script language
> than try to build my own, so any pointers you all have on those would
> be greatly appreciated. I took a compiler design course in college,
> but other than what I recall from that, I'm clueless on the subject.
> (Still got the dragon book tho ;).

Do check out Python, www.python.org

For a cool 3D system with Python as the scripting language, see

http://alice.cs.cmu.edu/

Python's approach to extension lets you code Python objects in either Python
or C. Generally you can prototype in Python and then profile to target what
you want to move to C.

I'd be interested to hear what you end up doing.

Monty