Is there a tool for visualizing grammar specifications?

pjfarley@banet.net (Peter J. Farley III)
3 Jul 1998 21:26:34 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Is there a tool for visualizing grammar specifications? pjfarley@banet.net (1998-07-03)
Re: Is there a tool for visualizing grammar specifications? elcm@pacbell.net (Eliot & Linda) (1998-07-20)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: pjfarley@banet.net (Peter J. Farley III)
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 3 Jul 1998 21:26:34 -0400

Pardon a very newbie question, but is there a public domain tool
available (besides VCG) that can directly display the structure of a
grammar from a yacc or ebnf description? The problem with VCG, as far
as I can see so far, is that one has to write a grammar-to-graph
translator before one could use it for this application.

I'm particularly interested in such a tool for visually comparing
different specifications of the same language, so a tool that
permitted side-by-side or multiple-window comparisons of different
grammars would be very helpful.

Either Win95 or linux/X11 implementations would be the most useful to
me, with a preference for Win95 at the moment.

TIA for any help, info or ftp/url pointers you can provide.

Peter J. Farley III (pjfarley@dorsai.org OR
                                          pjfarley@banet.net)