Visualizing register spills and multi-threaded ops.

Brent Kimberley <bkimberl@uoguelph.ca>
1 Jul 1998 22:53:26 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Visualizing register spills and multi-threaded ops. bkimberl@uoguelph.ca (Brent Kimberley) (1998-07-01)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: Brent Kimberley <bkimberl@uoguelph.ca>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 1 Jul 1998 22:53:26 -0400

Hello,

I would like to avoid re-inventing the wheel, so I was wondering if anyone
had any advice or pointers which might be of use.

I am considering building a TK program to visualize the impact of
optimization on spills, register usage, and operation threads.

The intended use is for presentation and qualitative analysis of machine
language traces for DSPs but could be applicable to most architectures.

Thank-you!

Brent
[If not already done, it'd be a cool master's thesis. -John]