Dlxcc, and register allocation

"William C. Kreahling" <wck@cs.appstate.edu>
18 Jun 1998 11:16:02 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Dlxcc, and register allocation wck@cs.appstate.edu (William C. Kreahling) (1998-06-18)
Re: Dlxcc, and register allocation meissner@cygnus.com (Michael Meissner) (1998-06-19)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: "William C. Kreahling" <wck@cs.appstate.edu>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 18 Jun 1998 11:16:02 -0400

Hello,
        I was wondering if anyone had any information about register
allocation in dlxcc. Dlxcc is a gcc cross compiler that takes C code and
converts it to code for a dlx simulator. Dlxcc also does register
allocation on that code. For my purposes I would like it to generate the
code without doing any register allocation. S I am having to search
though the code trying to find and disable the register allocation (if
possible). If anyone has any ideas, or could even point me in the right
direction I would greatly appreciate it. Since dlxcc is a gcc cross
compiler, any info on how gcc itself handles regsiter would also be a
help.

Thanks

Bill Kreahling

--