Help Needed on C/C++ YACC Grammar

BYue@aol.com
18 Jun 1998 11:08:59 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Help Needed on C/C++ YACC Grammar BYue@aol.com (1998-06-18)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: BYue@aol.com
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 18 Jun 1998 11:08:59 -0400

I have developed a C/C++ YACC grammar based on ANSI C++ Draft Standard of
1996. However, there are six reduce/reduce conflicts in the grammar which I
can not resolve. I am wondering if anyone is interested in looking into the
grammar to solve the conflicts. Please contact Byue@AOL.COM

Thanks
Brian
[Parsing C++ with a LALR parser is a losing battle because the grammar
is in fact ambiguous and needs indefinite lookahead in a few places to
decide what it's seeing. There's been some discussion in the past
about backtracking versions of yacc to deal with this. -John]