Program Announcement ICCDS (Maryland USA, May 98)

dwelch@cs.umd.edu (Don Welch)
13 Apr 1998 00:48:59 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Program Announcement ICCDS (Maryland USA, May 98) dwelch@cs.umd.edu (1998-04-13)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: dwelch@cs.umd.edu (Don Welch)
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 13 Apr 1998 00:48:59 -0400

        PROGRAM ANNOUNCEMENT - ICCDS 98
An invitation to attend the
4th INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON CONFIGURABLE
DISTRIBUTED SYSTEMS

May 4-6, 1998, Annapolis, Maryland, USA

You are cordially invited to attend CDS 98, the premier technical
forum for researchers and practitioners alike to study on-line system
configuration, at levels of abstraction ranging from application-level
programming tools and management techniques, to network communication
protocols and operating system services. The technical program
assembled here is the latest in a series of meetings to foster
progress in this burgeoning area of study, as begun at Imperial
College in London, 1991; continued at the second meeting hosted by
Software Engineering Institute in Pittsburgh, 1994; and again at the
third meeting, held in Annapolis in 1996. This fourth meeting broadens
the scope of study to include configurable parallel systems, as well
as new application domains such as real-time, multimedia, and high
performance computing.

And new this year ... CDS will GO BEYOND THE CUTTING EDGE! Okay, a
little dramatic, but we are scheduling time for short (hard 5 min)
presentations of work in progress, outrageous opinions, queries for
help on technical problems and anything else members of our community
feel ought to be brought to the group. We want to continue our
tradition of community building in this area, and so are making time
available for this purpose late in the day on Tuesday. There will be
time for discussion and follow up on topics as needed, and
supplemental proceedings (compiled from up to four pages of material
per speaker in this session) will be prepared and distributed at the
conference. If you want to reserve one of these slots, please let us
know by sending a note to conference chair Jim Purtilo
(purtilo@cs.umd.edu) at the same time you register, otherwise slots
will be given out at the conference.

The slate of papers to be presented at CDS 98 appears below, and full
details of the technical program and registration can be found on the WWW
at

http://doubletap.cs.umd.edu/CDS

This is a first-rate technical line-up, and May is a marvelous time
of year to visit Annapolis -- so we look forward to seeing you here!