Type-checking...

Orlando Llanes <a010111t@bc.seflin.org>
30 Mar 1998 21:50:39 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Type-checking... a010111t@bc.seflin.org (Orlando Llanes) (1998-03-30)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: Orlando Llanes <a010111t@bc.seflin.org>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 30 Mar 1998 21:50:39 -0500

        I was wondering how type-checking is normally done. I'm using the
look-ahead token method of scanning. What I'm doing is similar to (if
not the same as) what Lex and Yacc do, which is to retrieve a token,
and return both a token code and a token string for most
keywords/symbols. I'm thinking of saving the current line (from the
start of the current line to the end-of-line marker), then after
retrieving all the tokens, I was thinking of running it through a
type-checker before generating the code. Am I on the right track?

See ya!
Orlando Llanes
[I suppose you could do batch type checkking, but I don't see much
advantage in doing so. -John]