Re: How can I 'unroll' a YACC generated parser?

Orlando Llanes <a010111t@bc.seflin.org>
18 Mar 1998 23:01:34 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
How can I 'unroll' a YACC generated parser? pitchl@tdbank.ca (1998-03-12)
Re: How can I 'unroll' a YACC generated parser? resslere@erols.com (resslere) (1998-03-15)
Re: How can I 'unroll' a YACC generated parser? a010111t@bc.seflin.org (Orlando Llanes) (1998-03-18)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: Orlando Llanes <a010111t@bc.seflin.org>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 18 Mar 1998 23:01:34 -0500

On Thu, 12 Mar 1998 pitchl@tdbank.ca wrote:
> Does anyone know of a parser generator that will accept a Yacc-like
> grammar definition and produce an 'unrolled' parser?

        I'm no expert on the subject, but it sounds to me like you want a
"command-line" type parser meaning that you want to process one line at a
time. If you look at the calculator grammar from the examples, I think it
might tip you off on how to do this. Maybe someone else has a diff
suggestion?

See ya!
Orlando Llanes
[If you get your input one statement at at time, that's not a bad suggestion.
If you want to parse a token at a time, you need a thread package or to
turn the parse inside-out. -John]