Storing, Linking and Executing Code in an Object Database

"Yahya H. Mirza" <mirza@chip.cs.uiuc.edu>
10 Dec 1997 00:44:56 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Storing, Linking and Executing Code in an Object Database mirza@chip.cs.uiuc.edu (Yahya H. Mirza) (1997-12-10)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: "Yahya H. Mirza" <mirza@chip.cs.uiuc.edu>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 10 Dec 1997 00:44:56 -0500

Hi everybody,

Is anybody familar with work done in the research community in
storing, linking and executing code in an object database.

I have been told that Gemstone does this, but I don't have any
detailed information to confirm it. Also I found a recent article in
the the December issue of Dr. Dobbs Journal about a project being done
at IBM Research labs called Code Store, in which they use ObjectStore
from Object Design, allthough they do not execute the code in the
database.

I am interested in extremely dynamic programming environments, and by
using a OODBMS to store my compiled code I am looking at minimizing my
Link time.

So any applicable information would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Yahya Mirza
Visiting Member
Patterns Frameworks Group