Newbie Looping/Conditional question

hsi@gate.net (Bob Trabucco)
20 Nov 1997 22:41:41 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Newbie Looping/Conditional question hsi@gate.net (1997-11-20)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: hsi@gate.net (Bob Trabucco)
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 20 Nov 1997 22:41:41 -0500

I am a new user to lex and yacc and am enjoying using it to create my
own little language to help automate my application. All was going
well till I started looking for examples on doing a WHILE and a
IF..ELSE structure.

Is there a accepted standard way of doing these with lex and yacc???

Any sample grammers/code and/or advise would be appreciated...

Thanks in advance

Bob
[Parsing them is simple enough, are you asking how you actually run
the loops? I usually translate to an internal byte code with jump
instructions, then interpret the byte codes. -John]