Compiler Testing Tools

"Raja Krishnamoorthy" <rajkris@erols.com>
16 Nov 1997 22:54:35 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Compiler Testing Tools rajkris@erols.com (Raja Krishnamoorthy) (1997-11-16)
Re: Compiler Testing Tools anton@mips.complang.tuwien.ac.at (1997-11-18)
Re: Compiler Testing Tools cburns@crl4.crl.com (Charlie Burns) (1997-11-20)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: "Raja Krishnamoorthy" <rajkris@erols.com>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 16 Nov 1997 22:54:35 -0500

Hi,
        As part of my project my group has been involved in developing a
parser for a specific application. It describes a messaging system
using a formal grammar expressed using BNF (actually a variant of it).
Now that we have developed the product we would like to test it
exhaustively.

With manual input, I am not certain how thorough a job we can do. Is
anyone in this newsgroup aware of any tools that will take a formal
grammar as input and generate test cases from that ?

Thanks for your help.

Raja Krishnamoorthy
(rajkris@erols.com)
[There are some random test case generators described in old messages.
If you used a parser generator like yacc, the chances that the
language you're parsing is the one you want to parse are close to 100%. -John]