VLIW optimization question

"Sanjay KL" <lsanju@miel.mot.com>
11 Nov 1997 14:36:37 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
VLIW optimization question lsanju@miel.mot.com (Sanjay KL) (1997-11-11)
Re: VLIW optimization question ssolyanik@icdc.com (Sergey Solyanik) (1997-11-13)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: "Sanjay KL" <lsanju@miel.mot.com>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 11 Nov 1997 14:36:37 -0500

Hi ,

I'm currently working on Code Optimization for VLIW architecture
chips. I need some suggestions or some papers for solving the
following things :

1. My problem is as follows :
I've an expression which is in the form of a binary tree , now my aim is
to search this particular sub-tree in a tree(which is also binary) and
replace this particular sub-tree with a one statement command along
with the operands .

      For example :
I want to replace an expression like (a + b / c) with COMMAND(a,b,c) ,
here the order of the operands is important , for example the
expression (b / c) + a should be replaced with COMMAND(a,b,c) .

This COMMAND(a,b,c) can in turn be represented as a binary tree , well
their is no big deal in that .

In general I want to convert
id1 op id2 op id3...idn = COMMAND(id1,id2,...idn)

Hope to hear from U soon .

bye
Sanjay
| L.SANJAY KUMAR Ph # 91-80-5598615 |
| (Software Engineer) Fax # 91-80-5598660 |
| Motorola India Electronics Ltd. E-mail : lsanju@miel.mot.com |
| "The Senate" |
| No.33A,Ulsoor Road, |
| Bangalore - 560 042. |
| INDIA. |
[I'd think that a straightforward tree match would do the trick. -John]