Re: Configurable Assembler?

Robert Hansen <rlhansen@zianet.com>
7 Nov 1997 00:52:34 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Configurable Assembler? cignetti@cs.duke.edu (Todd L. Cignetti) (1997-11-02)
Re: Configurable Assembler? meissner@cygnus.com (Michael Meissner) (1997-11-03)
Re: Configurable Assembler? gclind01@spd.louisville.edu (1997-11-07)
Re: Configurable Assembler? rlhansen@zianet.com (Robert Hansen) (1997-11-07)
Re: Configurable Assembler? mayan@watson.ibm.com (1997-11-09)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: Robert Hansen <rlhansen@zianet.com>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 7 Nov 1997 00:52:34 -0500

Todd L. Cignetti wrote:
> I am looking for an assembler that allows me to specify the instructions
> and the corresponding opcodes. Basically, I need to add new opcodes to
> an existing instruction set.

Todd,

I purchased "TASM" from Speech Technology Incorporated several years
ago. I don't know if it is still available now or not. At one time
they had a BBS at 206-641-7978 or 206-562-2447 from which you could
download. You might also check on SIMTEL for TASM???.ZIP. Anyway I
think that it is exactly what you are looking for. It runs under
MS-DOS and generates code for the 8048, 6502, 8051, 8085, Z80, 6805,
6800/6801/68HC11, TMS7000, and by now probably several others. Or you
can build your own instruction set if you wish.

It does not generate relocatable code however.

Their mailing address:
      Speech Technology Incorporated
      Software Division
      837 Front Street South