Re: EXPRESS (ISO DIS 10303 - 11) Grammar

Peter Wilson <peter.r.wilson@boeing.com>
16 Oct 1997 00:27:43 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
EXPRESS (ISO DIS 10303 - 11) Grammar t.m.child@surveying.salford.ac.uk (Terry Chld) (1997-10-14)
Re: EXPRESS (ISO DIS 10303 - 11) Grammar peter.r.wilson@boeing.com (Peter Wilson) (1997-10-16)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: Peter Wilson <peter.r.wilson@boeing.com>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 16 Oct 1997 00:27:43 -0400

Terry Chld wrote:

> Does anyone know where I can get an EBNF or JavaCC grammar for
> EXPRESS (ISO DIS 10303 - 11) ?

        The ISO standard, "ISO 10303-11:1994 The EXPRESS language reference
manual", includes a grammar written in WSN. Other sources include:

o Douglas Schenck & Peter Wilson, "Information Modeling the EXPRESS
Way", Oxford University Press, 1994 ISBN 0-19-508714-3, which includes a
grammar in terms of syntax diagrams.

o The "EXPRESS-I language reference manual" (ISO/TR 10303-12:1997)
includes a WSN grammar for both EXPRESS and EXPRESS-I. You can get an
electronic version of this grammar at
http://www.nist.gov/sc4/step/parts/part012/tech_rpt/isyntax.tex

        Note that all the published grammars that I am aware of are
redundant (ambiguous) in that they include some semantics as well as
the plain syntax. In other words, you will have to massage them a bit.

        Another place you could try is by sending a message to the EXPRESS
email exploder at: express-users@cme.nist.gov

Hope this helps
Peter W.
peter.r.wilson@boeing.com